Dust off the walking shoes while dinner is cooking!
Aoife McCrum of SoolNua shares one of her favourite recipes that you can make while out getting some exercise!
Spring has arrived and we are starting to benefit from our evening being brighter for longer. I’ve started to dust off the walking shoes for an after work stroll, but that means being organised for dinner!
Here is an easy spring time recipe to try out that only takes 35mins – so prepare the meal and get out there walking while it is at home cooking!
- 4 x Chicken Fillets
- 2 x Beef Tomatoes
- 1/2 Packet of mini mozzarella balls or 1 x full size mozzarella sliced
- Green pesto
- Baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Mixed herbs, salt, pepper and other herbs of preference
- Salad leaves and veg of choice – peppers, tomatoes, cucumber etc.
Chicken Caprese – Method:
- Place chicken fillets in a baking dish and brush with olive oil and season.
- Layer slices with beef tomato on top of the chicken fillets.
- Followed by slices of buffalo mozzarella.
- Bake at 200ºC for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with green pesto.
- Serve with salad and baby potatoes.
Baby Baked Potatoes – Method:
- Par boil baby potatoes.
- Season and brush with oil before baking for 30 minutes with chicken.
Manager, Social Media & Digital Marketing